Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Desert Wildflowers






This past Saturday we spent the day in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park to see all the wildflowers.  It was amazing to see all the beauty that can bloom even in such harsh conditions.  It was yet another testament of the limitless power of God!  Jesse was a perfect traveler, going from car seat to backpack to car seat again, and again, with (almost) no complaint!  He seemed to love being out in the fresh air, especially when he was hanging out on Daddy's back.  Sarah, our heat-sensitive girl, did her best to hang in there.  She started the day out very whinny but once we enticed her (that's the word we use so we don't feel so guilty about bribing her) with ice-cream she was a true trooper! It was really neat to watch her exploring, uninhibited.  She kept announcing, "Hey, I found a path over here!"  She always wanted to be the leader!  She also really enjoyed "sniffing" the flowers.  Shortly after we got there Shiloh pointed to her nose and said I had to get a close up of that.  We both giggled when we realized the tip of her nose was covered in yellow pollen!  We stayed until the last bit of sunlight slipped behind the mountains, making quality photography impossible and bringing the first sign of the cool, crisp night air.  It was a glorious family day!  (Feb. 28th, 2009)

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging my friend! Can't wait for the next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!! I really have enjoyed doing mine. Its almost easier than myspace or facebook. Hope you keep it up. I really feel closer to Em by just reading hers, and she has such a way with words. :) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I'm so glad you're blogging now!!!! I'm not very good at it, and it takes me forever to post, but I enjoy reading everyone elses blogs. I look forward to "HEARING" what you've been up to. love you!!!

    ReplyDelete