
Sarah lost her first tooth!
Yes, tonight, in the quiet of the night, as the Benton household sleeps, the fairy tale legend will be making a stop to retrieve the ever treasured first tooth from under Sarah's pillow!
This evening, when I called Sarah away from her play to help me set the table for dinner, I noticed there was a little blood on her lip. I was, however, not alarmed thanks to the insistent tick of picking at her dry lips in the winter (for three years running!)
Anyway, I got a damp paper towel and went to wipe her lip clean when I realized something seemed amiss in her mouth. It wasn't until the discontented wiggling and jerking of the head started that I realized she was missing a tooth.
Anyway, I got a damp paper towel and went to wipe her lip clean when I realized something seemed amiss in her mouth. It wasn't until the discontented wiggling and jerking of the head started that I realized she was missing a tooth.
I gasped and cried "Sarah where did your tooth go?" at which she looked at me like I had just lost my mind! Where did I think her tooth was. It was in her mouth where it had always been. She was as surprised as me to discover it was gone. She and Daddy promptly went to look in the mirror at the gap and then went on a hunt for the tooth which they discovered on the playroom floor. Once the tooth was safe in hand, Sarah was free to being soaking it all in. She was not the least bit excited to have embarked on this momentous right of passage. In fact, she very adamantly informed us that she wanted to keep her baby teeth! Once we let her in on the whole Tooth Fairly deal, with the surprise presents in exchange for her tooth, she seemed to warm up to the idea, but only ever so slightly.
I'm sure her view of the whole thing will change once she finds the miniature Sleeping beauty doll under pillow tomorrow morning. I am so glad that this happened after I had already done some stocking stuffer gift shopping or I would be making secret stop of my own as the Benton household sleeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment